• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Nervous

Voice or text debate

sergi    5

if this goes to voice immersion will be ruined 

voice caters 2 more ppl / streamers / can get u more numbers but quality decreases by a LOT

On 11/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, liew said:

Actually, depending on the area we pick for the map, there's actually quite a diverse range of ethnicity people can roleplay as.

I would still much prefer text rp, but if people choose voice rp then there'd still be opportunities to roleplay as a "minority"

For example, if Lemoyne is picked there's the opportunity to be an Afro-American, a Frenchman and numerous other ethnic groups to pick from in Europe and the Far East in Asia. People saw America as the land of opportunity in these days, and it wouldn't exactly be uncommon to see foreigners in densely packed cities such as Saint Denis - and even the surrounding areas, to some extent.

Entire map for RP when. No map size limitations. If people wanna rp all the way in Mexico? Let em. If people wanna be in Saint Denis? Let em. Allows a lot more variety in rp.

Jaxy    0

Text, unless you wanna hear hear a fortnite kid yellin at thru da mic ''REPORTED!' '

Rozi    0

Voice and text at the same time? Text for writing /me's and roleplay, voice strictly for character communication

Odin    2

I feel like I can see why voice could fit this world well but I don’t think it would be better in the end. 

Everyone has already spoken about the age of people being an issue if we go to voice but even forgetting that throughout my time in government factions on our regular server I found a lot of people either weren’t native English so it was harder to speak fluently. It also goes to people needing good microphones which a lot really don’t and then everyone having different accents. The lack of consistency would be a little weird in my opinion.

Edited by Odin
  • Like 1

Lucy    1

as a female id like to be able to roleplay a male character due to the sexism around this era, so text rp is preferred imo as to not limit that.
roleplay over voice brings a servers standard down from 'heavy' to barely any rp at all, from what i've found. games like ark when the only rp is done over voice is a clear example of this.

Quinn    1

IMO, text rp is so much more immersive and lends itself so easily to such a broad spectrum of people. I would imagine there will be plenty of voice rp servers out there like there are for GTA. A solid, vibrant text rp server is a rarity and should prove to be a standout among servers as it draws in folks who want to see the world come alive through the written word. 

• Like 1

Morgan    0

Been said to death but I figured I might as well chime in.

Definitely text, please, do not make it voice. I don't want to hear an Eastern European accent (I'm Eastern European myself, just with a mix of American and British accent) trying to RP a hardcore cowboy, or a 12 year old yelling at me to give up my gold nuggets. I won't be able to take them seriously.

There's no debate to be had, Text is superior in every way.

People aren't voice actors and you don't want your gritty Western to sound like this:

Edited by pateuvasiliu