• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Nervous

Voice or text debate

Why would we want to compete against the many servers on FiveM (Who are making an RDR2 Port of the mod) when we could fill the text niche, exactly as GTAW does?

• Like 2

Polleus    0
1 hour ago, Nervous said:

Just as a note - If we go voice for this, it'll also be including text.

I've seen this in other servers and it was not enjoyable. Keep it text, the way you know best. As others have said, language barriers, microphone qualities, etc. I've personally enjoyed a much higher quality level of role play on GTAW than any other server because I can be more immersed in my character and other people's characters as they are portrayed.

Keep it text. ?

Nervous    30
2 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

Why would we want to compete against the many servers on FiveM (Who are making an RDR2 Port of the mod) when we could fill the text niche, exactly as GTAW does?

It's not about competing, it's what fills the best for the game, hence why the debate. I don't mind either choice, I'm just opening to debate and listening to every opinions without sharing mine (that most of you know though)

12 minutes ago, Nervous said:

It's not about competing, it's what fills the best for the game, hence why the debate. I don't mind either choice, I'm just opening to debate and listening to every opinions without sharing mine (that most of you know though)

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, that was an argument for text. To clarify, I believe a text server will draw in a much higher number of players, as they have no where else to go (and if they do, that option will be on RageMP - hence they're exposed to GTAW too). Players interested in voice RP are in my experience far more likely to find a server on FiveM.

Edited by Rumbunctious
  • Like 1

Polleus    0

I think text just incorporates a higher creativity level for character creation. Someone isn’t limited to how their voice sounds or accent, etc. Not saying there’s anything wrong with someone accent or anything like that. You just open up the kinds of characters people can create. It’s pretty much limitless. 

Edited by Polleus

Bryar    23

The problem with voice is the diversity of players - especially in a setting such as the wild west.  We have players of different ages, nationalities, and so forth.  Many aren't going to be comfortable with the jargon of this time period, either.  I think text roleplay has always been superior because you can portray your character with so much more detail, keeping everyone more immersed in the world.

DanneBRE    0

Text, i dont want to be a Balkan sounding cowboy in america.

Edited by DanneBRE

Ryan    0

Accents ruin immersion. Text role play allows you to create a whole new character without limitations. 

Gryffin    6

I've not once encountered serious & realistic situations in voice RP, it's all a meme-fest.

Text is going to work the best. Allows players to be creative and also gives the server a unique feeling.

• Like 1

Menca    5
23 minutes ago, wickedsource said:

I don't mind voice. But to spare myself from hearing russian accents (for example) I'd go with text to keep my immersion.

You scared from russian accent? ?

But I assume in WW there were only Natives and Americans

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Menca said:

There were immigrants from Europe in WW but it's really really really rare. I assume they were only there for trading or whatever.

Edited by La Pitchounette

Just now, Menca said:

I knew I took a risk saying russian accents haha-.. No, not to sound like a bigot asshat. All I'm saying is that for everyones sake we should stick with text.
Mainly the immersion

Powley    3

I think the appeal and the reason I’ve always chosen text is immersion. It’s a lot easily to believe someone is a grizzled cowboy when they don’t sound like a young boy.

just a personal preference, I’d probably still play if it was voice.

• Like 1

liew    13
3 hours ago, La Pitchounette said:

There were immigrants from Europe in WW but it's really really really rare. I assume they were only there for trading or whatever.

Actually, depending on the area we pick for the map, there's actually quite a diverse range of ethnicity people can roleplay as.

I would still much prefer text rp, but if people choose voice rp then there'd still be opportunities to roleplay as a "minority"

For example, if Lemoyne is picked there's the opportunity to be an Afro-American, a Frenchman and numerous other ethnic groups to pick from in Europe and the Far East in Asia. People saw America as the land of opportunity in these days, and it wouldn't exactly be uncommon to see foreigners in densely packed cities such as Saint Denis - and even the surrounding areas, to some extent.

• Like 1

mushi    5

This shouldn't be a thread at all, text roleplay allows you to roleplay in anyway you want.

Wisci    0

Text based. I'm not against allowing people to use our Teamspesk as a communication method for chases and gunfights, but in-game should be text only. 

Smokey    0

Text only. Voice is trash and always will be unless you have professional voice actors only in the server. Voice RP always invites trash roleplay as well.