• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Nervous

The map debate

zaXer.    0

The whole map should be available to play, people are gonna find  their sweet spots themselves and roleplay there. Unwanted zones simply wont be used because people will be focused where there are others anyways.

Think I may be the only one that doesn't really like Lemoyne. New Orleans/Saint Dennis does nothing for me insofar as the fantasy of the 'wild west' goes. Way too much swamp area that won't be much good for RP.

Ideally I want New Hannover/West Elizabeth ( either works ), a good chunk of snowy areas and Rhodes.

• Like 1

Estes    6
On 11/6/2019 at 2:56 AM, Bryar said:

Personally, I think the whole map should be open.  This isn't some highly populated city, this is the wild west.  Towns/settlements are still popping up, and the west is only beginning. I dont think it would be extremely common to bump into somebody every two hundred yards of pathway. Some people prefer to live In the sticks, and a trip to the populated town could be a weekly thing for them.  

Supporting. Whole map available (PLEASE). With only 1 major city with lots of activities + 1/2 small towns. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, Senator said:

You’re completely right but since there is a feature where everyone can just respawn, the warrant or need to pursue the perp is kinda taken away and crimes aren’t really looked into as hard

Well, I believe very strong rules on kill reasoning should be up. Then yes, most of victims would live through (unless exigerent circumstances) and report the crime through the Post Office or directly to the Sheriff. So there will be a database of wanted people.

So if you do the crime - you'll A: become wanted almost every time, thus your "popularity" will grow. Then, I'm hoping to see something like a CK rule on aggressors. If YOU initiate a shooting, robbery, etc, and get killed = CK. If you are arrested and then hanged = CK.

where-does-red-dead-redemption-2-take-place-comparison-map.jpg

Edited by Estes

KhazarLight    0

The whole map should definitely be "open" (as in available to roam, not exactly fully scripted with interiors etc all over the map and so on). 

As players, businesses, and factions settle into the environment, natural centers of roleplay will develop. It is the wide open wild west, after all so it would be normal not to have everyone packed into one town or city all the time. A lot of this depends on where the decision for starting year ends up landing.

Closer to 1911 (RDR1) would see a big migration to the cities while too early (1860s) most of what we see on the map really wouldn't be there as well as not matching the technology. For a setting a couple years before or after RDR2, which is set in 1899, would allow for both the wild west to exist as well as see growth in urban centers. With one major city (ie St Denis), government roleplay, urban police force, and some western "street gangs" (opposed to countryside outlaws) could develop. One issue with a full map would be for sheriff law enforcement. Obviously you can just phone in the cops in 1899 so there would need to be some way to "contact" sheriffs in towns that would be relayed to online officers. This would then force sheriffs and their posse to really track down outlaws as they lie low, which would make for fantastic roleplay opportunities. As said above, infamous outlaws would be CK on sight (of course if sufficient crimes have been committed and correctly tracked to them!). If captured, then provides a jailbreak scenario for their gang to carry out.

Of course, as people do create centers of RP, more can be scripted around there to facilitate the hub.

So I get the whole debate about keeping the map small in the beginning because you want people to be able to find each other and role play. Of course I get that. What I think should be considered however is that if someone brings forth a well thought idea perhaps out of the zone, it should be facilitated elsewhere as in outside of the designated zone.

Example. I see that the most well thought out idea so far is the Sundry Ranch. And bravo to @Koko  and his crew for coming up with the idea and sticking with it long before the server is potentially even going to exist.

For the sake of realism what I would like to see is other ranches. Be it ones that compete or work with already existing ones. Without getting too deep into making the game an RPG, I do think that to be able to facilitate a large chunk of RP, we should have a food mechanic. Not one where you have to eat every thirty minutes. But at least eating once every 4-6 hours played.

What it does is this. It creates an economy that I think other servers miss. I'll probably start a thread here after I get my points laid out about the benefit of an economy system.

Anyways, back to the point here. If a group can come forward with a good idea that facilitate's RP that could be considered essential to the server such as food providers, ranchers, trappers/tanners for clothing, etc then I think we'd be doing the server a big disservice to potential RP value to limit it. What you'd see hopefully is small enclaves of players popping up, much like towns did in the actual era leading up to the timeline that the game is set in.

Concerning other ranches, specifically - there could be an importation of beef through the states and driven to ranches and processed or something of that nature. It'd require a more fleshed out system than what is currently there which is nothing as far as I know.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50p    3

Keep any significant locations in the East. Allow the whole map to be played but inevitably commerce will prosper in the East.

We know from playing Red Dead Online, yet alone single player, that there's not much going on in New Austin.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:36 PM, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So I get the whole debate about keeping the map small in the beginning because you want people to be able to find each other and role play. Of course I get that. What I think should be considered however is that if someone brings forth a well thought idea perhaps out of the zone, it should be facilitated elsewhere as in outside of the designated zone.

Example. I see that the most well thought out idea so far is the Sundry Ranch. And bravo to @Koko  and his crew for coming up with the idea and sticking with it long before the server is potentially even going to exist.

For the sake of realism what I would like to see is other ranches. Be it ones that compete or work with already existing ones. Without getting too deep into making the game an RPG, I do think that to be able to facilitate a large chunk of RP, we should have a food mechanic. Not one where you have to eat every thirty minutes. But at least eating once every 4-6 hours played.

What it does is this. It creates an economy that I think other servers miss. I'll probably start a thread here after I get my points laid out about the benefit of an economy system.

Anyways, back to the point here. If a group can come forward with a good idea that facilitate's RP that could be considered essential to the server such as food providers, ranchers, trappers/tanners for clothing, etc then I think we'd be doing the server a big disservice to potential RP value to limit it. What you'd see hopefully is small enclaves of players popping up, much like towns did in the actual era leading up to the timeline that the game is set in.

Concerning other ranches, specifically - there could be an importation of beef through the states and driven to ranches and processed or something of that nature. It'd require a more fleshed out system than what is currently there which is nothing as far as I know.

This is is an excellent idea.  Having the ability to eat  every 4-6 hours in game (if you're online ) cause help for people making food, being cooks and other wise.

I think Annesburg should be included, its a great sort of town to show the industrialization and poor working conditions of the time.

Ivanmsx    0

Где модератор ??
Это очень важно.
Спасибо.

Ivanmsx    0

Есть кто из модераторов?
Не могу написать в топик.
С уважением.

Ivanmsx    0

Есть кто из модераторов, так как не могу ответить в новую тему?
Что я делаю не так?
Нужна Ваша помощь.
С уважением.

Ivanmsx    0

Как поменять пароль?
Может я делаю что то не так?
Нужна Ваша помощь.
С уважением.

Robertves    0

37303_900.jpg

руны волибир
руна ингуз
экко руны
руны x значение
руна амулет значение

https://znacheniyerun.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html
https://bopsneeews.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html
https://podlesnyiakarenlei.wordpress.com/2021/05/12/%d0%b7%d0%bd%d0%b0%d1%87%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b5-%d1%80%d1%83%d0%bd-%d0%b8-%d0%b8%d1%85-%d1%81%d0%be%d1%87%d0%b5%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b5/

руны джакс
наутиз руна
значение сочетание рун
значение руны рыбка
эз руны

совет рун
руна смерти значение
руны триндамир

изучение рунруна значение именируна мир значениеруна ир значениеруна лада
руны амулет значение
майл руны
руны сайлас
люциан руны
руны скандинавии значение

руна карелия

русские руны значение

обозначение рун

Robertves    0

37303_900.jpg

руны викингов значение
руна процветание значение
феху руна значение
руна аниме
значение руны треба

https://podlesnyiakarenlei.wordpress.com/2021/05/12/%d0%b7%d0%bd%d0%b0%d1%87%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b5-%d1%80%d1%83%d0%bd-%d0%b8-%d0%b8%d1%85-%d1%81%d0%be%d1%87%d0%b5%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b5/
https://hophopnews.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html
https://hubsternews.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html

руны трактовка значение
руны джинкс
квинн руны
руна локи значение
руна судьбы значение

руна 18 значение
руны речи
руна вирта значение

джарван рунызначение рун одинажанна руныруна мордекайзермагия руны
сочетания рун
тату руны
руна perthro значение
руна уд значение
руна елочка значение

руны защиты

руны сона

перто значение руны

Evacvv    0

Могу я связаться с администрацией?
Это очень важно.
С уважением.

Alexpoy    0

Can't answer an existing topic, what should I do ??
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Please help.
Thank you.

Robertves    0

37303_900.jpg

руна ключ
значение русских рун
гадание руна
чувашские руны значения
руны пнг

https://yournewstops.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_56.html
https://hubsternews.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html

значение карт рун
ткани руна
краткое значение рун
алатырь руны значение
компания руна

соуло значение руны
шен руны
руны браум

рунаруна наутиз значениеруны галиоадб рунруны книга
руна одина
значение рун тейваз
эвелина руны
руна значение фото
руны экко

коловрат руна значение

мандр руна значение

руны скайрим

Ivanmsx    0

Добрый день.
Ваш форум мне показался очень привлекательным и перспективным.
Хочу приобрести рекламное место для баннера в вверху сайта, за $500 в месяц.
Платить буду через WebMoney, 50% сразу, а 50% через 2 недели. И еще, адрес моего блога https://russinfo.net/ - он не будет противоречить тематике? Спасибо!
Напишите о Вашем решении мне в ПМ или на почту [email protected]